Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Voting Day

Every 4 years people freak out over who will be the next President, I have been caught up in this very same issue before in the past. Yet this year I found myself not worried or even upset over who is now leader to this nation....I liked who I had voted for and didn't think the center of my happiness belonged to who won or lost.
I found the online world like in Facebook to be a very emotional crazy place on election night, mostly for all the people posting how the world will end now or how free we are once again...at least until the NEXT four years. Ironically these issues will never end, your candidate may win or may loose but life as it always has been still moves on. Why cry or dwell over the things you can not control? I am proud to have the right to vote but I am not stupid, my vote does good for my own soul and emotions then it ever will do to change the greed or corruptions of Government. As a woman the journey to vote in this country took courage and suffering of other women before me, I am honored by them to hold my own ballet in hand. I want to be a person for change, for hope and for a better quality of life, these things do not come from a new President or allowing the Government into our homes. WE THE PEOPLE need to wake up and realize that yes while we may vote, real change comes from our personal attitudes and choices. If we are hungry learn to cook food, if we are poor learn to save money, if we are hurt learn to heal. If we are sad then cry freely and if we are happy our lives will show it. No one person can care for us like we can, no one single vote will save the country and no one leader will be the hero that we all look for. I have changed quite a bit since Obama first arrived 4 years ago in office, that was back when I really believed in world peace being proven in his kind smile, in his clear statements in ending the war/wars......yet that didn't happened. I felt sick to my stomach over the death of many many more people since he took office. (this is a sad fact of a life lesson for me)
When I voted I stood thinking, asking myself will my vote ever really count? When will war of any kind ever end and how can a spoiled rich nation like this last in the history books forever? I want to say that my vote is for the peace loving people but I have been fooled before over such a thought....I simply just voted.
You know I really love being a part of a community, seeing my neighbors stand in line to vote as I stamp ballets till my fingers are bright green, or greeted the line of questioning people until everyone is aware of how the ballets worked. It's important to remember those little things like smiling kindly at a startled baby or helping a confused elderly lady, handing out the "I voted" stickers to a following kid who waits on their parent in curiosity. I can be a cheerful voting day clerk no matter what media dramas occur. 

So Who really wins on voting day? I chuckle at such a question for it doesn't matter.....not when the true power and strength comes from our own hands and the real honesty comes from our own hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment