Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

UP Shelving

In my home during these windy, rainy days of fall I like to do what I call "Nesting", a life style of loving the space I am in! Nesting is cleaning, organizing and simply just being inside! I read, I knit and I cook, I pet my dogs and carry around my cats while chatting away with them as if they were human. I hang up Christmas lights and fluff up my bedding, wash clothes and sweep floors...NESTING is a wonderful life! 
I love my many hooks and shelves for everything to have a place, my husband Tony said he really likes my creativity but most importantly he likes how I "build up".....I try to keep my floors cleaned up with things moved upward more to the ceiling. I have always loved hooks for hats, scarfs and coats even purses and belts...little hooks hold necklaces and big hooks hold towels by the tub! When I first see a room I sense these ideas in how to use that odd space above our heads. Like with pictures, soft lighting and beautiful flowers that space can be built up! 
Book shelves are some of my most favorite to use in displaying dishes and kitchen items this allows messy things like bags or paper plates to be tucked away in the kitchen drawers and hidden out of sight in cupboards.

This is a corner of my bedroom that I haven't been able to reach with the dog crates underneath.....So I wanted a basket for all my yarn and while it took up space on the floor or in a bag I happily saw an idea to hang my pink and yellow crochet shawl in a triangle with thumb tacts one in each corner to make my own flexible shelving! When a friend stopped by and saw it she loved this clever corner and I got to thinking that I am FULL of such ideas all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment