Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Turkey Day 2012

Over the last several years I've kept saying that we would get over to my Aunt Chris for Thanksgiving as it would be wonderfully fun to do!....but life unfolded in many different ways until finally I declared no second guessing this year we were going! How inspiring it was to hear my Aunt had moved to a new place with much more room. Since I love my Aunt Chris and her husband Uncle Steve with all my heart, with all my joy in how they treat everyone in honest respect and true kindness. They have a peaceful calm good life in their new place with 2 Boston terriers and the occasional company of their hard working grown children. I truly have enjoyed getting to know my cousins, Kelsey and Jerram. Growing up they were very busy in Portland that swinging into Grandma and Papa Rudy's home wasn't as often to see them. I don't think it was a bad thing at all just by looking at how good and nice they are, such Family dramas never reached them and I find that so refreshing! This year was a great event, my husband said it was clear that everyone sitting around the table WANTED to be there and actually liked everyone else not just trying because it's a holiday and it's required for family to come together. I smiled so big for he was exactly right! It was a fact that I noticed in the whole perfect day also!
My cousin Henry and I have been connected since he was born, I look back at the picture with me holding him as a newborn and as the years moved on with other pictures of us always together, when we had an argument or a fight we never stayed mad at each other long......I like that we are always friends so having him join us in Portland with his husband Alex became something of a perfect magical moment!
The eight of us over turkey dinner was a truly beautiful joyful thing to see and as we circled the newly setup table with candle light I took it in with a deep breath while thinking to myself.......we are HERE in this amazing moment RIGHT NOW! How wonderful!

During the after noon My Husband Tony got his board game out bringing laughter to the dinning room, with Jerram, Kelsey and Alex. My Aunt Chris could watch over them and talk with them from her kitchen as it was wide open, she made snack trays then got back to her amazing mashed potatoes. Cousin Henry and I sat in the connected living room with the lit fire as Uncle Steve joined us. Among the 3 of us visiting and cuddling along side the napping dogs, the perfect feeling over how we were all safe and warm while it rained outside made me drink my red wine in a happy smile! I love this family, my beautiful Aunt as she cared over everyone and brought the true magic to the table of a perfect roasted turkey! Being thankful was an endless emotion that we all shared, that we all embraced. My husband laughed till he couldn't breath as my cousin Henry did his stand up jokes, My Uncle Steve kept saying it was great to hear all of our different political views, even getting pretty excited over ideas in how society can work better. My Aunt Chris has this endless warm welcoming beautiful smile that makes me so happy, so grateful to know her in my life! She said it best in summing up this perfect full day when she said "I just love this! I really do!" 
The family shared dishes around the table, laughed together, debated together and were genuinely grateful for each other......perhaps a historical moment from within this bigger family that we come from.....Turkey day brought out the best in us all and true friendships like that should never be taken for granted!
I am so grateful, so in awe of having such a holiday with happy, good people <3


No comments:

Post a Comment