Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Ocean is the Spirit of the Earth

It was 7am when I woke up with such excitement on July 4th last summer, My Miniature Schnauzer Oscar was sleeping on the comfy chair next to our bed. He smack his mouth and yawn pushing his front paws out in a waking up stretch. By the time he got up to shake and watch me. I was already brushing my teeth, talking to my sleepy husband who never remembered the actual conversation later..."I LOVE this place! I never have this kind of energy at home...I am not sure when I will be back." I was talking to Tony my sleeping husband who answered me "I will be here." I wait after tying my tennis shoes "Do you want me to bring you back a coffee?" He rolled over in our big fluffy bed on the 3rd floor of  The Ocean Lodge in Cannon Beach Oregon. "If you see any high quality pastry shop, you can get me something." He replied then fell back to sleep as I laughed. The fresh air and the new day was coming as I ran with my dog to the place we both want to be buried when we die. The Ocean side, now the Oregon Coast story is one amazing tear jerking passionate fights of the right to allow the public access to the sand. I have always loved the Oregon coast but to understand such history, such pain and frustration to keep the corporate big money from owning the actual coast line takes my breath away, as I am free to see the wide open ocean. I say a powerful THANK YOU to all the men and women who stood up, who fought against all the fences that would have kept us away, would have lost the natural coast line and maybe we would had to pay to step out on to that earth. As the early morning filled my lungs and the salt water moved,  I let go of my dog completely and ran my heart out into the waves! We are free, we are pure fun, we are one in this moment truly alive. Oscar and me, we walk side by side or he chases some sea gulls, he skips, he jumps while I laugh and call out to him. He runs so fast right up to me circling then shooting off again across the open sand. The world once was like this for dogs....with wide open spaces, most importantly no leashes. Dogs who come back to see their Master often come willing, and happily. I wonder where did our Nation loose such genuine trust for our 4 legged friends? On that ocean line everything is just fine, everything is as peaceful and powerful as the sound from those moving waves. On this morning i remembered how Oscar ran up to me so happy as I had stopped for a moment to see the morning sun light bounce off the gray water creating a rainbow mist. What a magical moment to be hold as I stretch out my arms and with my hands I felt the drops of water in the air. "Everything is going to be alright, baby boy." I spoke to Oscar who tilted his wet sandy face and floppy ears at me. When reaching the coffee shop in the golden morning light I felt so happy and loved embracing my Aunt Chris. I couldn't help but wish deep down within my soul that I lived here every day for the rest of my life. Cannon Beach is like stepping back in time, before the Wal-mart stores consumed the open lands and before the horridly bad for you fast food chains. Now in some towns these are all great jobs for people, but in Cannon Beach I am relieved that it has none of those things. I am sure my actual soul comes from a different time in history then right now, for I do not fit into this modern culture, nor can I accept the idea of consuming stuff with yellow smiley faces hanging above my head. 
Give me the ocean waves, the salty sand and the beautiful open sky to refresh my spirit and awake my soul. For I am high on life when I get to vacation in Cannon Beach and spend my week laughing at our dog along with my sweet sexy husband, thinking everything is perfect and magical when at the Oregon Coast. This is where I feel like I can do ANYTHING with all the strength I gain, with all the love I have to share! and the next morning I wake up early just to do it all over again:-)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! This makes me want to go to Cannon Beach. I love that place!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU COULD LIVE THERE!!!! WOULD BE SO GREAT TO SEE YOU OFTEN.

    ReplyDelete