Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Lavender Gift For the holidays

 I Found this today online and thought it was a perfect gift idea for my blog! Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Lavender Sea Salt Scrub



  • 1/2 cup (4 oz) fine-grained sea salt
  • 2 tbsp (about 1 oz) coarse Kosher salt
  • 5 tbsp sunflower oil
  • about 15 drops lavender essential oil
  • 1/2 tsp dried lavender buds
  • Add ingredients to a small bowl.  Mix well with a rubber spatula, kneading several times to fully hydrate the salt. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, so oil can fully saturate the grains; mix again and adjust amount of oil or salt if necessary (you want a thick slurry; the scrub should hold together if you pick up a dollop in your hand, but should not be so wet that oil is dripping off of a handful). Smell and adjust essential oils as necessary. Package in a clean jar. Top with bow. Make someone's Holiday gift!                      
  • Store At room temperature, indefinitely.

    1 comment:

    1. I JUST made this tonight! (Finally) and it is so wonderful! But I had to double the recipe to fill the jar in the picture then I was on a roll! I even scrubbed my husband's feet to make sure it works:-D He LOVED it, the calming fragrance, the deep scrub of the oily salts. Truly lovely! I recommend now you make some for yourself:-)

      ReplyDelete