Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let HER be light!

 (I wrote this poem in my mind while walking this early morning in the park just as the light arrived)


God shines down through the naked trees
Feeling crisp and clean
The snow crunches and slides
While I walk by her side

The morning is early
The park is still sleeping

God shines on with the warmth of the sun
I find all of this moment quite fun

Such love, such joy, such friendship from above
 Stopping to take in the beautiful doves  Seeing the world come alive makes everything alright
Knowing that nature is always near, as I smile happily at the passing deer 
 God can hear my thoughts and know my mind
 but I still look up from behind to see what I can in the bright sky 
I am so glad to live my life

 I can not ask for such a perfect moment in time
For a more peaceful chime
  
 I sit for a second to look out over the pond
 my day has only just begun
I feel so blessed in that cold fine air 
Taking in God's artful flair

With her love and her light the earth is truly bright
With her compassion and her care the world is always there
For God doesn't think she will ever let go of this link
to show us how to give, how to protect and how to live

God shines down through the naked hearts of us all
 Feeling free and without any strings
 She takes my hand
  For I understand 
We human beings need hope for this land
We need love by our sides, helping us take a stand

Everything beautiful moves with her
Everything magical grooves around her
 Everything lives by the light of her gift

God shines on with the warmth of the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment