Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Kitchen Triangle

In the last few months I have been in several different kitchens cooking and cleaning, The funny stories of each situation comes from house-sitting, dog-sitting or being a nanny maybe even cooking for my Mom in her cottage.....Whatever the situation I find myself in I noticed I have seen many different kitchen setups lately and struggle to know where things are that I need.....MY own home has a Kitchen Triangle that leaves me in one graceful move to a finished cooked product. I love all kinds of foods, I love the smell of coziness from cooking right, from cooking good! The triangle can save you so much time and effort that I now realize after seeing other peoples places that as a homemaker I have a gift to share in helping your kitchen, So let me help in helpful tips, like this;
Seeing a wider variety of kitchens allows me to realize that not everyone knows about the kitchen triangle, OR they are not into cooking like I am.....This is okay I don't judge BUT I do move in their kitchen with great difficulty and awareness thinking to myself if they used the kitchen regularly then hot pads in the dinning room would be moved to stove or oven. And a double oven may sounds like a big help but is actually distracting from the first oven.....I ask another question like how much food do you make a day to need 2 ovens??? When is it for show more then the survival part of eating? The Kitchen, that most important room of all in a house has been remodeled in all kinds of awesome, cool, modern new ways......yet to what cost or gain?

Tip 1, A clean kitchen is more then mopping the floors once a week. Papers, boxes or even shoes should never be in the kitchen. From the top down the kitchen is a safe spotless room for your foods. Anything touching the floor shouldn't go back up to the stove and when all appliances are clean the food is safer. Remember when the refrigerator gets emptied the time to wipe it out top to bottom is easier and every dollar spent is cooked up, not wasted. Tip 1 simply means BE clean before cooking.

Tip 2, Have a game plan to what you already have in the kitchen, use everything up before going grocery shopping out of habit. My leftovers often can be added to a new idea of a different dish and I love rotating meals around like lets say on Monday morning we have tons of cooked bacon so I chop it up for dinner by adding it to the ground beef in the skillet for something new in the hamburger and Yummmy! Tip 2 don't start cooking with no ideas

Tip 3, Keep your kitchen utensils close by. It was amazing to me in some of these fancy rich kitchens how far away all the cooking tools were from the heated stove! I was bewildered many times by the kind of running around it take me to even grab a spatula or a fork! One kitchen comes to mind when in their office setup I finally found a kitchen towel to dry my hands, this is the moment I announced out loud "They do NOT cook very often in this home apparently...????"
Without a very sharp set of knifes, multiple stirring spoons or spatulas close to your prep station of the kitchen the time cooking over the hot skillet could mess up or burn the meal..... Like I did when trying to take out a baking sheet from the oven using only a hand towel since the hot pads were in the craft closet of this other kitchen moment?
 Now I could share many funny stories like this, in what I saw while cooking in another person's kitchen. The kitchens I loved the most were of people who cooked often and had this triangle down!
Tip 3 keep your tools at the ready!

Remember that once you have the kitchen triangle down then cooking is a beautiful graceful dance in the kitchen, full of artistic foods to share!  
 Welcome home to the kitchen! 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment