Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Soap Operas

     I remember the very first time I discovered back to back episodes on Netflix instant watch, my Soap Opera delight was even a surprise to me as I had never gave these kind of shows a second thought when they first aired on TV. I had or still have a reluctant feeling towards TV. Ironically I love that I can escape into the screen lately... Currently I am enjoying all the back to back episodes of "Desperate Housewives."  It is really funny to me right now how my life is like this, I look forward to the distraction of watching other peoples lives. I haven't been writing as much lately I've noticed as well.....maybe this is simply a "down" time for me? I do not know to be honest and I doubt so many things in this season changing. Perhaps I am more reflective then I realize even though I am not able to know what I am experiencing?
Watching a show like "Desperate Housewives" has me laughing, crying, or rolling my eyes but no matter the crazy story line in the show I look forward every night to a few episodes and LOVE IT SO MUCH!
Out of a neighborhood full of beautiful people on wisteria lane, these four women who become good friends bring me back to watch what happens every night, I know the show will come to an end eventually but for now I let myself lay on the couch cuddling with my dogs, sipping on a glass of red wine in these cold fall nights.......thinking I really do like Soap Operas after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment