Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Secure The Home, the car and get READY...

Securing the house for winter, the car for bad weathered roads and the gardens for the best sleep...Is what I have been throwing myself into this month of October. I always get a restless feeling in this month to take a road trip! I want to get out and about before we are "Snowed In". Most everyone teases me, especially my husband Tony for being so "Old fashion" in preparing for WINTER.
The times have changed when heaters and endless comfort make winters not feel tough or cold. BUT  I have been this way my whole life! I can't explain the panic I get in realizing winter is coming and time to be safe is at hand!!!
Life in the modern world is very freely open to taking on the weather with no fear of running out of foods or wood for warmth. I can hear my self saying out loud, "Winter is coming so the car needs serviced and new tires...." Laughter of those over hearing makes me shrug. I say things like "My list for foods storage and yard projects are almost done for winter." or "We need to get that put away or covered before winter."  Most everyone looks at me like I am weird, Tony always adds "Because this is the little house on the Prairie!" Then he laughs full heartedly!
My winter list of snow shovels, warm boots and batteries, along with soups and blankets just do not strike me as ridiculous...... 
Like I said I have been this way my whole life, as a kid I hated being out in the snow or cold without warm clothing on. Once I got my driver's license I tried to never drive on fresh snow fall roads or make sure the car is upgraded to handle the cold.
This morning way early I drank my coffee in the true cold fall day getting the car service and tires rotated, brakes and filters replaced. The security of both my car and home before winter makes me relax more and know no matter what comes with the weather I will be ready!  

Like the Ant among all these grasshoppers, I will play better if I get all my work done first! 


No comments:

Post a Comment