Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Crocheting

 Crocheting is one of those things I could never get myself to grasp but after yesterday when My dear sweet Mother-in-law Teresa taught me step by step how to... and well after a million corrections..... I got it down! How funny it was that I kept wanting to knit instead, I am really excited to make many more things from crocheting! Where as in knitting if my needles fall the whole thing can come undone but in my crocheting I can see it all staying together better, (so interesting to me) We had our lattes and afternoon radio programs going as we sat crocheting together.....So often I have noticed doing projects like these is much easier when you are sharing that time with someone else. We also enjoyed a break in all the rain we've been having to walk over to my favorite new store "Mixed Bag Bazaar" In that store you find  all kinds of things (I discovered a wild fun skirt for just a dollar!) 
When I have days like that so peaceful and perfect it reminds me of  the life I have built, what kind of person I am and how lucky each day is to live in! Teresa is truly so beautiful and simply happy in herself that it makes me just love her! Teaching me to crochet took some time but she has endless patience so I think I got it down now and I will share pictures of my first project once I get it completed:-) Once again and I know I say this ALL the time but its ever so true "THERE'S a whole world of knowledge awaiting us every day! Never stop learning!"

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting day! I'm so excited for all the new things you're learning: crocheting, zumba, writing, Spanish, and you're still equally comfortable with a rake, paintbrush or wisk. Quite the renaissance woman! <3

    ReplyDelete