Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Let's make the most of this beautiful day...


I really enjoy being a homemaker right now in my life. I still remember when I quit working Starbucks a few years ago I felt restless and confused in my open free schedule at that time....So I re-painted my whole condo from top to bottom. Then I wondered if all those long afternoon hours in the park were for my dog or for me? I finally, slowly, became comfortable in being a homemaker. In our society when we meet someone the intro questions are as follows; "Where are you from?" and "Where do you work?" I could greet and chat it up easily with anyone but once they asked me where I worked I would stutter and sly away from a direct simple answer. It has been a few years now so the fact I can say with a proud smile I am a homemaker makes me realize I have grown in my identity of a job title. I have worked all kinds of jobs, nothing to be ashamed of over. But for me to just say I am a homemaker was an odd sense of freedom and joy while realizing people might not know what that is actually.....
I really love being in my cottage, being with my pets and husband. Not having a job has allowed me to fit into events and schedules that my husband needs me to join him in....while also allowing me to train my dogs in getting along, getting exercise.  Yesterday when I put a vase of flowers in my living room window I thought my home is my reflection of my heart, simply beautiful and calm! I love all kinds of things there are to learn as a Homemaker, it is the kind of job that creatively never ends. Some people freak out over doing the same chores, or being home long enough to scrub the shower down twice in an afternoon. But I really don't mind these things, I find a steady calmness in doing laundry and creating dinner. When I go out into my yard or for a walk I think of all the time in one day, how amazingly some days are busier then others but I still can get it all done. The smile on my relaxing hubby's face when I bring him breakfast on the weekends and the snoring of my pets when they are napping after the few hours in the dog park sun light. I step back and look at all of this, all of this in my home. For I am in awe over the long list of all things I love! Having a simple life doesn't mean I am simple minded it means I have found my place in this world, in this time of history. I know I will not always be here on earth but what I can touch I can create and leave better then when I found it. Homemakers have always been around, like fairies with wands taking a empty building structure into their magical sight and creating a real place called home!

No comments:

Post a Comment