Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Homemaking

Tony said to me last night over a late night visit to the Thai restaurant, "We haven't been here in a long time!" As we sat down relieved to get in 45 minuets before they closed. I was craving fresh spring rolls, with that yummy peanut dip. When I took a sip of the Thai ice tea, I smiled "This drink will always reminds me of our dating years!" I laughed. He nodded while drinking his, and looking across the table. We talked about all things on our mind, About how we have really out grew our Condo. It's more for our changing perspective on life. We use to live cozily in our tiny place, actually hardly being home. We would hang out in Book stores, the Coffee shop just around the corner. We filled our lives up with working, movies and trying new restaurants. In those first few years in our condo, we lived in a 5 mile radius. Occasionally we would entertain, we could have 6 people over but it was still a bit tight. In these last years we have turned our place into our actual home. Now with a cat and a dog, with my love for pets just exploding! Along with all our new hobbies. I have found as a Homemaker, there is only so much I can do with this space. Tony's slogan is "Build up, not out." and I have taken him to heart with bookshelves on bookshelves, dishes on hooks which we had to declare we could not buy another "Pampered Chef" item. Or just one person could enter the kitchen at a time.
Tony said he loves having me home. He wants me always be just a phone call away. It was hard on him when I worked odd jobs in odd schedules, He loves how I am making our place so wonderful. When I am there it is our home, when I am gone it's just another condo. He has stated many times, that I have blossomed into Homemaking along with all our lavender bouquets like our life was always this way. He made me smile last night when telling me that he can not get over how lucky he is in having me right by his side. Our marriage is the best thing to ever happened to me, my love for him can move mountains, so dealing with our condo is really nothing!
I know this is just a changing time, to sale, to be ready for the future. I will think on the things I love when frustrated with my home, for I love my apron, my garden hat, my sewing machine and my home when it reflects me. I love my fat cat, my clever lazy dog and my Handsome Husband who everyday makes me laugh sometimes to tears, "He's a Funny Guy":-) 
With last night's conversation, it made me realize the time is now, the "someday we will move" is currently unfolding. and I am actually very ready, very happy. In my renewed energy, I am excitedly getting back to my homemaking, back into my home so that it will be beautiful when the sale sign says "Come buy me." And I will be proud to see how far we have come. Maybe all my reading about Bedlam Farm in these last few years has sparked a fire in my daydreaming.....Maybe the grass really IS greener on the other side!
 

1 comment:

  1. I feel so priveleged and honored to be able to watch you and Tony grow and mature together... and the life you are building is so beautiful. The way you two work together to achieve your goals and dreams and plan your adventures is one of mutual respect and adoration. Being around you two brings me so much joy and happiness... i love you tons!

    ReplyDelete