Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

After Life – An Answer to Nihilism




I adore Like stories of Old, it's one of my most favorite YOUTUBE channels, because of the profound topics it captures.

I watched "After Life." and I cried,I also laughed some,yet I paused quite a bit through out the show too...
I had to wonder, to ask myself if I could relate in some way?
I am not a negative person, I will never be so down that I can't get back up.
If I die sooner then my elderly time it will be by complete accident and never on purpose. 
I know and I understand this about myself....

Yet while watching this show I wondered why is this so deeply dark, down and hard to watch for me?
Am I being triggered back into my own painful loss again or is it always with me as this show reminds me of my last 2 years struggling to find my way in my new home, I don't want a life without my brother Derek and yet that is exactly what I have......
I am waking up from the fog of grief and I am changed, never ever the same person. I don't get to come back from this.

No matter what the future holds I will know my own great loss has made me real, has made me stronger for what I wish that I had never lived through.....

I have learned that by doing good for others I escape from the not so good done unto me, ....and in the end the not good is not really important. 
I see the greater good is a much bigger picture so I hope to hold my own and do my part.
I love that good memories, good stories and good times are what fills my mind when I am grieving, when I am so sad.

I like seeing shows reveal this truth, this desire we all have in the end to find peace without belittling or judging our journey along the way....








No comments:

Post a Comment