Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Toy Story 4


I remember 1995 like it was yesterday,
I think being 16 years old and watching this movie in the crowded theaters was an fun experience! I liked how the toys came to life in clever ways and funny jokes. While being common toys we all have seen or even played with as a kid made this movie impressive.
When pixar brought this new style of computer animation to the films we were all talking about it in our circle of friends back in those days. While my baby brothers grew up I put the movies on Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on while we hung out in the living room coloring or playing with toys. It was fun for me as a teenager/young adult to listen to as well.
Then in 2010 the 3rd movie came to theater and I happily, very excitedly invited my 3 baby brothers who were now young kids/teenagers. It was important to me that we did the whole movie theater thing with going to lunch first, having hamburgers and old fashion milkshakes catching up on our lives and how exciting going to see this awesome film. My mother came along the whole time in that event acting so strange and so weird very confusing to me as I high fived my brothers and cheerfully embrace such a great day with them.
It was a powerful movie Toy Story 3, I cried so much more then I thought that I would sitting next to my brother Daren who was there with me when we watched the first Toy Story. I felt like Andy's life was mirroring my very own baby brother. It was changing and becoming so very different now as we entered a new stage of life for us all.
I am glad that in all these movies I have had my brothers with me when we go to see them in the theater in the year they are released.
That makes these movies very special to me.
Yesterday we all met up to watch Toy Story 4 and it was excellent in great laughs and interesting story plot. My husband sat on one side of me as my brother Davy sat on the other with Daren adn Doug beside him we were laughing so much as our parents sat together in the handicap section right behind us. This is a treasured event, a rare moment for us all to be able to sit together in the movie theater. It was ghostly and almost bare in open chairs as my father and husband made jokes about how no one goes to the movies anymore.
I walked with my mom helping her whenever she needed it listening to my grown up brother all young men now in their early 20's joke around and talk about the film after it was all over. My heart loved the moment and the memory.
It's strange how different all our lives are now.
It's good to come together. 
It's fun to laugh all together while watching this progression in Toy Story.
I felt grateful that we all got to see this movie together because of the history for me in being with my baby brothers through each new film over the years.
Yesterday's summer time heat had us all relaxing in the AC of the movie theater as a whole family, laughing and watching such familiar toys come alive again.


No comments:

Post a Comment