Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

These Small Hours





       As I learned that my friends had a sudden death in their lives when their young granddaughter was swimming in a pool with a loose light on that hot summer Sunday, she was electrocuted. They drove through the night to be with their kids, and face such a heart breaking tragedy.

       As I asked my friend Molly if she would like to go out to the Farmer's market with me, she shared that her Grandmother was dying and the time has come to lay her to rest. That day she died we shared our sadness and our memories of her. I liked sitting beside such a loving good Grandma like her this past spring at her great grandson baby shower. She was always a very classy woman, she encouraged the best out of everyone by being so supportive and kind. I remember thinking when I was 14 years old I had never known a woman to live on her own in the most adorable place full of beauty and inspirational quotes. Ever since then I have talked about how fascinating I thought she was in not having a single bible verse in her home and yet she was truly happy just as she was.

Now I noticed that I have a home without a single bible verse displayed anywhere as well, and I have never been so free in feeling inspired and optimistic. I am never afraid to live all alone as well...for her home was a refuge and a relaxing time to just be.
When Molly got married on that perfect magical summer day, She and I walked together catching up and delighting in being there.

Today is such a sad loss as the funerals are set for my friends.

I woke up early in tears of the understanding I have in how this hurts so deeply.

I saw the sunrise was breath taking!

All the angels fell from the sky when such a young sweet little girl died, then they climbed back up with broken wings as they helped a beautiful wise old woman through the clouds. I wish for a better story in living this life, yet we all have a set time.
We are changed and we are never the same day to day especially when our hearts break and the good souls leave us all to soon.....

In these small hours I write of grief that I know so well, If I was the author of writing this story of the world such things, such events would never happen.
I would bring in superheroes, close calls and never allow for the floor crushing pain to exists.

In my stories happy endings are the only possibility for time to fall away....




No comments:

Post a Comment