Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Gardens

It has been such a busy productive gardening year for me as I am so happy to have my 3 raised garden beds set up with my youngest brother Davey's help.


It has been such fun to think about what to grow in them after getting all the layers of cardboard and compost and dirt in them. I top all three of them with organic garden soil from the North end Nursery. I had such a fun garden and plant shopping day with my good friend Carol. She met me there for ice coffees and talking all about plants in June. We have been friends now for about 8 years or so....
Being among the gardens has been our shared delight and while I rented her home for 2 years we saw each other all the time. I took such good care of her home as if it was my own.....

It has been fun to see how our places have come together I like to visit her while drinking a cup of coffee walking through all her new plants and landscaping. She likes to sit on my patio saying how nice our new home is. We stay in touch even though we live in neighboring towns.

It has been awhile since I have schedule any Gaia Circle events, almost 2 years now since I moved where I haven't made a list of great topics to conquer every month. A woman only group was such a great idea, we did arts and crafts, homemaking and gardening while drinking wine in sharing stories.  We embraced spirituality, magic and the myths. We created one of the most beautiful sisterhood I had ever seen and time changed our lives. I still try to meet for lunch or coffee more personal and individual with everyone from back in the day. Since I was full of ideas, events and topics to learn about I seemed to have a hard time finding anyone else to host the monthly get together so I realized while I was moving to a new home that I would be very busy for awhile....

Life is like that.
The down time, the away from everyone time does us good and so when coming back together it's easier. My gardens always give me that special place to just be, I have many different sets of sisterhoods and I love them so much!
I love all the hard work I am doing right now on my big backyard it won't take long to have the whole place in shape and successfully setup!

I am currently planting a humming bird garden.....
I am setting up the 2 back corner as raspberries gardens they are filling in nicely.
I am excited to see how much I can get done and grow this year as each section helps me stay focus on what to do next. 
These are my gardens, my masterpieces of my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment