Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2018

Here We Come A-wassailing



The most important thing about Christmas for me is sharing my food, and giving what I can in every way to help someone have warm blankets, socks and coats. Winter is rough enough without being in need, living in a scary survival way. Since I have some Christmases like that I can relate in how fearful it is to go a week without any food or with out a warm enough coat. The whole world needs Christmas time in order to remember to share and to give in any way we can.
In this film of 1994 that I saw in the theaters and never ever forgot it, these 4 sisters take their only Christmas meal full of fun holiday nutrition to a far more poor, hungry family that their mother was already there trying to help. These girls on their own decided to give more help to make Christmas wonderful for another family. I believe if Christmas could be all about giving and not so showy, not so stressful in requiring gifts then the true spirit of the holidays come to life in such goodness!
We sometimes need help on Christmas during our personal struggles, and sometimes we can give help! Each year comes around for a reason, to re-set our focus on kindness, caring and coming together no matter what!
On this Christmas eve I look around at my home so cozy and warm, my fake Christmas tree still wows me in how my husband knew last year it would cheer me up for sure!
I've been feeling hopeful for the new year, thankful that all my pets are doing so good in their elderly years now. I am grateful my husband is happy and healthy in his career, in his schedules, as he's home for Christmas.
I've been thinking about my 39 years of Christmases, and they encourage me to do more for those in need as I get older because such experiences taught me like these 4 sisters as well that we don't need very much to be happy for Christmas!  

May Peace and Joy find you this evening among family or friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment