Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Choir! Choir! Choir! sings Sir Elton John - Tiny Dancer






Every Thursday I drive out to my parents, I have been trying to get out there once a week for the last 2 years now.  Before that I would try as often as I could 2 or 3 times a month, in my old little car once the snow hit I was stuck so during the winter apocalypse of 2016 to 2017, our cute little car was stuck in our drive way not able to back up over the mountain of snow. It was the craziest of snow, horrid winter I can remember! The year before had been shocking with ice, as if the whole world was turned into a glazed over ice sculpture!  That was a week long trial, but the winter apocalypse was months long!

My brother Derek made a snow fort with his supply of snow that year during the holiday season of that apocalypse. He had his buddies four wheeling through the snowy streets for sliding on their snowboards in the neighborhood I now live, I now walk  through all over.
I followed him back in those days 2 years ago on social media like facebook, years before we chatted online through our email accounts all the time too so life is brought closer with technology, I am in awe of remembering those conversations and connections now.

It's important to me to go out and see my Mom, to help her out in any way she needs.
I try to stay organized in my plans and my schedule so that she can count on me to arrive the same day every week. She likes looking forward to things, going out to eat, going shopping, driving around and popping in on friends. She likes taking long showers, getting her hair done and trying on her new clothes. She always has an idea of something she needs me to do for her in her bedroom or her cottage. My father think the word "cottage." is silly, but I said to him that a house has more then just one bedroom, a cottage is only one or 2 small bedrooms, a house is like 3 or more bedrooms, It's fun to say cottage no matter what though! :-)
My parents live together in a one bedroom, one handicap accessible bathroom and handicap kitchen with a living room on the big orchard farm facing out towards the snake river and Owyhee mountains.
It's a spectacular view from their front door!

I try to get out there in the morning for the whole day, I have my pets to set up before I leave. My husband usually gets home quickly in the afternoon to help them since they are all old now. These are the days of elderly pet care and I'm honored to be able to give them the best life possible!
I'm honored to be flexible in my week to go see my mother too, I am right where I am meant to be.
It could all look so different in 2 years from now so I delight in how my days are right now, I focus all my attention on caring and being available, I am glad I have this freedom from having to work a regular job in order to fill my days making the world a wonderful place to live for all!

Last Thursday on my drive out to my parents the song "Tiny Dancer." came on the radio, I sang my heart out and then I cried. (I always cry somewhere in my day, it's not shocking, not weird or strange because I feel so much all the time, I have a whole life time in me now. crying doesn't worry me at all)
It's wonderful how the radio played a song I hadn't heard in forever, how the morning sunlight shined on all around me as I drove on through Caldwell Idaho as I went through Greenleaf Idaho slowly and I always think I should stop for the most amazing donuts in the whole world at Lonny's. I like how on this Thursday the wide open sky showed perfect shape clouds as far as the eye could see! It was reminding me how winter is coming soon.

I brought lunch to my mom as we had a home day. We didn't go anywhere like we usually do. We simply enjoyed being home getting ready for Christmas!
That song Tiny Dancer was in my head all the rest of the day, I loved that song from my young days in my 20's so now I wonder what new songs will be for my 40's?

Maybe one day I will find Choir! Choir! Choir! to join in singing with them!?!





No comments:

Post a Comment