Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

U2 Beautiful Day




Last night we went to my husband's mom's place for dinner. In the delightful time with all of us together, we used cards to ask personal questions like "What kind of party would you have if money wasn't an problem." or "What would you ask a psychic about the future?" I got a card that asked "What song triggers memories for you?" I choose U2 "It's a beautiful day." 
Then I looked around the table to my husband Tony, his mom Jo and her husband Roy, with Tony's brother Dusty who was sitting next to his wife Stephanie. The 6 of us enjoyed the game of questions, the fun jokes and laughs, as it was such a good time with good foods. Since Tony's mom works on all the holidays it's always so difficult to know when we can meet up with her, I am glad it worked out even though I have been rather very busy myself in cooking and cleaning and baking for my wonderful sacred holiday of Thanksgiving.
Taking time out to see Tony's mom and step-dad Roy was truly special.
I was very proud of myself to not drink too much, the last time I hung out with them I got wasted. So I realized that my life is full of sadness in which I can't keep a cocktail in hand even though they always make the best cocktails with high end alcohol, I can practice self-awareness in just enjoying one fun beverage. I truly hate crossing the line of what I call "Floating." it's when to much alcohol floats all your emotions to the top of your self, I have realized in those moments I have kept some things very guarded or buried down inside of me. In floating I become aware of them and try to work on fixing them within myself. I think now that I am almost 40 years old, I shall drink much less not more.

I truly enjoyed last night seeing us all together, we have a bit more gray hairs then we did 10 years ago,  yet we are still a fun family to hang out for the evening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment