Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Our play days

Last month we visited my cousin Henry in his new town of Ellensburge Washington, I loved being able to talk in person, to hang out and enjoy his new life! I got to see a new place, eat wonderful foods and have many good talks!

While Henry and I were catching up on our lives, he said he sure misses back when we were kids, I miss that too.......

Yet I am grateful to be free from that religious dogma,  sharp judgement and very strict rules that made my childhood feel like a prison.
 Our times together as cousins, our big adventures and everyone around having big family dinners made our past such a cherished time, it's why we are friends now as adulthood brings us into prime time.
We don't scribe to the same structure of the past but we remember our good laughs and our good memories. As cousins we didn't abide by the adults, we found our ways around them to really simply enjoy ourselves as kids. Our play days, our years of sharing the same big crazy family gave us the strength for today, we can make the future far better with the deep wisdom we were taught and from what we lived through.

I was truly grateful for our weekend together, over the last decade he came to visit many times, and I always stopped to see him on my way up north. When I look back over all our memories I am so happy we were always friends!

I am excited to see what await us as we adapt to the future, and I hope to road trip over to see him again for it's such a lovely town full of new possibilities and new adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment