Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Classic Sesame Street - Mr. Rogers Visits



I have been thinking about "Mr. Roger's neighborhood." lately, after having seen the documentary "Won't you be my Neighbor?" in the new movie theater of Caldwell Idaho.
It was so inspiring and special for me as I followed the making of this documentary for such a long time....I have loved this show along side Sesame Street. As a kid I learned so much, I longed to learn new things growing up, seeking other adults in my life who had time for me...Mr. Roger always had time and his calmness was one of my most favorite things while growing up in a home of craziness. My parents were loud, distracted and stressed out. They barked out orders to get our chores done or go play while they dealt with their own worlds. I found self-value by thinking about how to care for each other in these PBS TV shows that came on daily in my ever changing childhood.

I have become the adult I always needed when I was a kid, influenced by Mr. Roger and Big Bird.
I have been proud of the good times I remember when my family would calm down and be together, for through the stressful times came the awareness of peace, of helping each other and holding onto self-worth.
"I like you just the way you are." has helped me through my young adult years as well.

Looking back over my almost 4 decades, Mr Rogers is my true hero, and I hope to always carry his advice with me as I grow older.

Looking forward I can see how important children are to the future, to the kind of world that we want. 
Since I remember everything about how I felt as a kid, as a teen or as a new adult, I admire these PBS shows helping us grow up in better knowledge and in better connection that we are not alone in how we grow up. I think self-respect starts at the beginning of our lives, when we come to understand that we have value, then we can see how others have value too. It allows us to care and share our wonderful life with others very easily, while working together to make the world a better place after all.

We will always have things we will want to talk about, it's such a good feeling, a very good feeling, a feeling you know that I will be back when the day is new......





No comments:

Post a Comment