Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

Here Comes The Sun



On the morning, on that beautiful sunny bright Saturday morning in February after the worse winter in history, after all that snow and all that cold. After 6 weeks not being able to get my car out of the drive way in Boise Idaho. I happily looked out in that weekend morning with new hope for spring to arrive again soon!
My husband had just finished taking his big bar exam that had consumed his whole life for 4 months. So I cheerfully called my mother while sipping my coffee in the warmth of the sun!
Everything was so nice, everything was so perfect that I had been in wonder over how happy I felt. The night before I was getting ready for a Fundraiser event thinking to myself "When everything is perfect, something bad happens the very next day." Wait why would I think that? what is wrong with me? Am I afraid of happiness and pure delight in being alive when everything is working out again? I am pure mental to notice all these wonderful things and still worry...."
My husband was making breakfast and I was walking my dog as the sun light felt so wonderful the beginning weekend had started up!
And I was peacefully just happy!
I had called my mother to wish her well on my parents Anniversary, she told me that my brother Derek was coming out in the evening, so all truly was well and good.
I called my brother Davey next because it was also his 18th birthday and I had to tease him about not being my baby brother anymore!
The world was so beautiful in that sun light so I shared this very song on my facebook profile.  For we were heading right into Spring and all was perfect in my eyes.....
At the exact same hour as the sun light greeted my smiling face, my brother Derek was snowboarding under it's same warmth!
He was hitting those deep snowy slopes, those heavy snowy mountains. Under that very same hard sun.
I got the call about 3pm, I can still hear my screaming echoing in my memory.
The pure terror of loosing someone you loved so much that your heart broke in 2 in the instant of time and the fading of that sun light....
Here comes the sun had been a great song to choose for that perfect morning, while As strong as you were comforted me in the darkest night of the saddest day I had ever known.............

No comments:

Post a Comment