Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

A No Go dinner

I was thrilled to see the instructions laid out in my Everyday Foods Magazine, on how to make lasagna just the other day.. When it comes to new adventures or new ideas for dinner I want to try them. Sometimes I forget to read the directions all the way through but this time for lasagna I was wanting comfort cozy warm foods on this cold fall night. My husband loves coming home from work to the wonderful cooking aroma of our kitchen, I Think it just feels really cozy when the lights are dim, a pumpkin scented candle is glowing and then Tony opens the front door of our condo while he exclaims "It smells so good! man, I am so hungry!" If I am home all day without the car, I feel like I get so much more done at home. I get to do deep cleaning projects and bake many different things through out the day. I am not sure what that feeling of being bored is anymore for it has been years since I thought to myself that there really isn't anything to do. I have late mornings walks with Oscar now that the weather is changing we try to go out when the it warms up more. He is usually always on the go with me when I have the car after taking Tony to his office. Since Oscar gets double the park time, and tons more adventures since I have become a homemaker, he has relaxed beyond just some lazy dog. Oscar is truly spoiled and happy. As I think every dog should be! You can find Oscar trying to always nap while knowing I will drag him out and about before to long:-)
Now while everything was peaceful in the home, both the cat and dog chilled out, the place was nice and cleaned. I began with such excitement to cook Lasagna for dinner. I saute' the veggies and shredded the roasted chicken into easy bite size pieces, the sauce was a bit more work but as I began my layers I followed closely checking the recipe. first I put a row of the whole wheat pasta noodles down, the recipe said NO BOIL NOODLES. So I just assumed that meant that I should not boil the noodles first....It would be Tony who was laughing later saying "Only in Debby's world would No Boil mean a NO GO on boiling." He explained to me that they actually make noodles that don't need to be boiled first, though clearly I hadn't grabbed a box of those. I was so disappointed after all that work to have still have such hard as a rock noodles among all my fixings. We ended up scrapping the regular needing to be boiled first noodles of the lasagna to put the saucy veggies and chicken with rice:-( Now I am hoping one day recipes will click with me and I will just understand how everything works.....but until then I will be cooking up some new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment