Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Sheldon & Penny go shopping



This is a great clip of how I am very much like Sheldon when shopping for myself, I take my mother once a week out and about, we go shopping and out to lunch usually.
For my 40th birthday she helped me pick out a nice outfit and I struggled with keeping my ideal outfit in just 2 colors although she recommend one color even clothes that are very much her style and not mine, I kept telling myself I can adjust and wear whatever she recommends for she is my mother and our shopping for me is different the our usual routines.
I have always struggled in the world of shopping when I was a kid it was place to go get ice cream with friends. If we were on vacation it felt better going out to a big city mall or malls then just staying in a hotel room all day. So shopping the great American pass time and the ideal focus of capitalism, making a huge profit from the needs of others found me growing up among all of it in true annoyance. I would notice bright colors, fun patterns helped me cheer up when shopping so began my rainbow bright wardrobe. 
In that my husband's mother often defended me for wearing whatever I wanted by telling people "My daughter-in-law wears the craziest things and yet she is a really good person!' I would nod back and smile thinking "Because people judge me as mental for not matching in any sort of way....Oprah sure did a job on society for what not to wear....I think happiness is the key motivation, if these clothes cheer you up then wear them."
In my 20's my mother meet me at the mall and freak out that I just grabbed the first thing I liked without first checking the clearance racks. I would tell her I don't want to waste so much time shopping anymore, I would rather buy exactly what I want then to wait for it to go on sale only to never see it again perhaps. 
As my birthday dinner approached I realized that I was right back into the dressing rooms I usually avoid at all cost with my mother waiting to approve or not my soon to be new nice stylish classy and mature clothing.....
It's comforting to have my mother with me in a world I will never really fit in with, I don't see style and judgement, I see happiness or sadness in my clothing, I see colors according to moods and realize style is always evolving so I will save my money for long lasting comfort.
I am glad my mother helped me, that we had those shopping adventures and laughs.
That even at 40 years old I need help in what to wear, I can be grown up for a day or an event in real style and in real class. 
Thanks to Sheldon here I can also relate and laugh at myself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment