Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2019

Idaho Life: Albertson's worker brings cheer to the checkout line



Idaho is a wonderful state full of loving, good people.
There are outliers whose reputation gives Idaho a backwards feel.
This wonderful area is full of nature, wild life and country side while small towns stay stuck in time. The day I moved to Boise Idaho our state capital I felt proud, I felt progressive and very positive that this beautiful city with the river moving right through it was exactly where I was meant to be.
I could leave my car at the park and walk the 27 blocks through out the city stopping at farmer's markets and coffee shops. Sometimes I just sat on the river bank by the college.
I love the small town feel in this city, that when I lived in the house surrounded by herbs and gardens, very privately setup in such a fairy land I would go to my local grocery store where Peter would cheerfully greet me and I would think I live in such a good kind neighborhood!
He would even ask the next morning if my baking turned out from yesterday if I went back in through out the week. He made grocery shopping much easier, his joy in life was equally met with me as I looked forward to chit chatting, and I loved being around such happiness in what felt like a small town place in a clearly changing and growing city.
When we moved out of Boise, I felt very displaced in where to go grocery shopping since every where was a long drive to get to, then I found a great place one block away "Huckleberry Market." only to have them go out of business in the next 6 months.
I miss my neighborhood grocery store, I miss knowing Peter's kindness was the good part of shopping. That long sad week following Derek's death Peter could clearly see my red eyes and tiredness as a change in me, he asked if I was doing alright then my tears rolling down my face silently as I shrugged explaining very simply that my brother has died in a snowboarding accident so I am here trying to buy stuff my family would like to eat in pure comfort foods. He stopped working to around the counter and hug me he was very kind in his real human way that I was grateful. I had felt he would understand so I would simply own it and share it, be in this sadness with truth.  I have always loved my life, I have always been cheerful and helpful yet suddenly I was in a different world, I never knew this kind of pain and this kind of struggle to live on. Kindness is apart of this true joy and real happiness in life.
Peter knows the bittersweet world he gives his cheerfulness to, I will always be grateful for him in my life. This last Saturday I walked through thousands of people attending the grand opening of Albertson's market place on eagle road. (Not far from my home) I walked through such a huge place with elbow to elbow people in such magical wonder this place is awesome! Then I retreated quickly back to my jeep thinking how different my life looks these days, I miss my old Albertson's in my cute cozy home where I could walk over to the store and wave at Peter!
I will carry that importance of those days with me always, I will adapt to the future yet I know I am a small town girl at heart, I will find my place of peace in this world.



No comments:

Post a Comment