Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

At End of Day

It has been 8 years now that I have had 6 pets, every night before I go to sleep I run around the house to kiss each one where ever they are sleeping.

Each and every night I love living this way.
I have become so focused in the last 2 years of their elderly care and growing limitations.
I have noticed I am not a big fan of traveling away from such important issues in their best health and over all care for stability and routine. In fact leaving home has become a huge frustration for me unless I can take my dogs with me.
Being Sun Valley with Minnie made that time truly wonderful.
It was emotional and reflective too, yet We have known that Minnie is struggling all winter. I kept avoiding the topic with my husband with "It's almost Christmas everything is fine." and "It's almost my big 40th birthday lets have nothing sad happen if we can help it." to "It's almost spring maybe she'll do better in warmer weather?" He finally said that her suffering of old age and returning cancer is very clear. 3 years ago when she went in for surgery her recovery was so hard on her that now we know she would really struggle getting back on her feet if we get all the new growths off of her.
My husband Tony said it best "She is done, she tired of it all and you can tell how scared of everything she is now." I cried with him as I promised to lay her to rest yet it was hard to make that actual call without crying so after our Sun Valley trip I knew there is no other way around this.
At the end of the day with Minnie snuggled in next to me while I drank a cup of coffee under the blanket on the couch to Tony saying "I just love this far better then going out to some fancy restaurant, just being in early safe and cozy with Minnie napping deeply, she's had such a hard time of it getting around." We enjoyed the soft glow from the cabin lamp. We sat visiting before putting on a movie and all was perfect in our mini vacation.
I said "This trip has revealed so much more that Minnie is going through that can get lost in the comforts and routines at home where we have created everything for her to have a easy life. I can see now as she limps or tries to poop that it takes her forever and if I hadn't been there she would of fallen down the stairs several times and so she just gave up trying I carry her now thinking "My dear old Girl, You aren't seeking any new adventures are ya?"
Tony shared "It's not going to be easy, but we can't linger for her get even worse. When we get home let's get it all setup." I snuggled in deeper next to Minnie thinking she has been the sweetest, most grateful dog to be with us. Her friendship with Sidda has been so adorable too. There is no dog like Sidda, she can get along with anyone or any dog being such a sweetheart.

Each day comes to an end with the cats running in and out to the almost spring season arriving while Oscar and Sidda play. They run a frenzy in the backyard happy to feel winter change into spring soon too. While Minnie lays on the bed in the master bedroom as I fold clothes and talk to her. She has to see me at all times nowadays, she is very obsessed and devoted as her eye sight fades with her hearing gone in the last 2 years. I stay close to her and rotate Oscar away from her since he can't stand that she can't hear him anymore. Life is full of stories, of connections and understandings in changing, adapting and declining through time. I have loved my 6 pets, I have known they will soon begin to part from our cozy loving pack. At the end of day I sit back grateful to see everyone napping in out of the cold to the warm blankets and pillows everywhere.
I will always be in awe of these years, these days and these great stories all together. For I awake surrounded by cuddles and snorts, greetings and happiness as they get outside to a new day and as I kiss them "sweet dreams." in the dark of night while they sleep all together safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment