Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2019

At the Beginning


There is nothing more important then seeing the beginning.
There is nothing more sacred then a new born baby whose whole world is just starting out.
There is no job more vital and more important then being a parent.

And I will always say that it is not for everyone, being a parent is a life time devotion. It's okay to admit it's not your calling, not your passion and not your idea of a well loved life time.
It's the top job of all jobs in my mind, I have observed all through out my whole life that this culture and this time in our world doesn't notice the honor, the sacred gifts of being a parent. 
At least not in the same honor/awe of being the President. 
Yet a parent is far more important to the survival of our society so I wonder how did that message get so mixed up? 
The truth is that any one can be a parent, in fact I think it's little to easy to become a parent so it's not always taken seriously enough, the honor isn't always understood right away, the beginning can be missed by some along the way, every soul that's born is an honor to me, before we ever know what kind of person this is going to be. The honor is in the survival of birth, the difficult work of getting them here. The joy and the hope of a new being here on earth is strikingly amazing!

         I was raised to be a mother but I knew that if I couldn't do it right, I wouldn't do it at all. 
My heart was already devoted to my baby brothers so I became an advocate for how it takes a village, a helpful hand in raising each new generation.
While I was dating my husband I told him that the world is full of unloved and unwanted babies I want to be able to help out in any way that I can. It was important to me that if we do decide to have kids we were devoted to them above anything else. He shared that it's always better to regret not having kids then to regret having them because they will always know that they weren't wanted and then that will ruin everyone's life not just your own. 

Our beginning is vital to our journey through life, my husband almost didn't live through his first night on this earth. He almost didn't make it all together, he has to live with his disabilities all the rest of his life now because of his scary start. 
I have learned so much about who he is because of his beginning, I have realized that a safe secured life isn't guaranteed, that there are struggles, there are limits to how we can control the future.

At the beginning we need rest, we need safety and we need to heal. When my mother had all my baby brothers I observed how important it is to just be in the moment of a perfectly created new born. 
To delight in all the little things they do, to protect and to cuddle. 
I would sing songs and whisper promises for a great new life ahead for them. 
Those are the most treasured days the beginning to hold in great love for each other. 
For in our beginning is the start to our stories!

I can't say it enough we are not all meant to be parents, so if you find yourself in the position of such a very important job as parenthood bring forth your best self, carry the 4 agreements and master the art of love as you share your life with a completely different being then yourself.

For at the truth in life, the strength of time and the importance of helping each other live on, helping each other survive is the greatest gift we can ever give! Each new breath, each new heart beat is a hope and a joy to carry into the future!

Therefore I honor the beginning, because it is the most important part of the start in life, it's vital for all things possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment