Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

From the movie "Babe."




This scene always gets me dancing and moving, I have loved this movie from the first time we rented it. My Grandparents were visiting from St. Maries Idaho and I was 16 years old. We had big bowls of popcorn that my father would request me to butter because I evenly tossed the kernels in the freshly melted and lightly salted butter slowly and carefully.
Then we would all find cozy seats in the living room to watch TV. Most often us kids would get pillows and blankets for the floor while the adults had the furniture.
This movie was very unquiet in it's story telling style and the brave pig captured our hearts. My baby brothers grew up with this movie on in the back ground all the time and we would often dance to this very clip then jump off the couch together for fun!
Lately I have been reminiscing about those days, living as a teenager in the 1990's with no internet and no cell phones. I have been realizing how drastically different it is now, while there were many of the same things back then in technology, my life on the fruit farm was like in this movie for Farmer Hogget so the words "Fax Machine." seemed like nonsense.

As I have been doing yard work today I have been singing this song.....
I live in a cozy place, in simple things that I can capture so easily with a click of my phone or some typing on my lap top. I wonder how these things could change in the future too....and yet music and songs still remain!

I can see everyone in my memory all settled in once again, watching this movie for the first time, laughing out loud or cheering on the show, I can still remember the good times...........





No comments:

Post a Comment