Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Derek's Cherry Trees

   

I walk around every day to admire and love my backyard, I worry over how to care for my fruit trees. Pulling weeding and trimming back suckers, my fruit trees were once my brother Derek's fruit trees. He loved them and he cared for them so I find some of his tools and sprays. I think about how I can honor him in creating a beautiful cozy home. 


My family comes over for the holidays and I know he would be smiling over that. Our mother stays with me for a weekend at a time, we have the handicap set up to make her stay comfortable and nice. My father knows so much about fruit tree care as well so I have much to learn as he explained last time I had a blight to fight on the peach tree. Over mother's day my father was telling Tony how to care for the cherry, apple and peach trees as Tony was watching the hamburgers on the grill and Tony explained "I have no idea what you are saying, Debby handles all the outside stuff." I laughed so much as I realized it has always been this way, I love and adore nature, I sit outside to eat or drink my coffee every single nice day I can get! 
To just BE outside is wonderful and every morning even in the winter time I open all my windows just for that clean fresh air to run through my home and my lungs!
My brother Derek shared his harvest fruits while talking about his new home with me, so that now as I live here I feel closer to him.
I whisper to it all growing up around me in the warm morning sun shine "Come Alive!" For I am dreaming with my eyes wide open!

It will all get done, it will all get there, and truly look AMAZING as I plant flowers and setup my gardens along side those fruit trees.


Along side Derek's Cherry trees.......

No comments:

Post a Comment