Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Vision Boards

     
Last night we made vision boards at my friend Theresa's home just down the road, I remember first going to her home last year thinking it was a long drive from Boise but now we are practically neighbors, which is funny since we had been real neighbors when we lived in Boise. We haven't officially met when we lived on the very same street for 4 years, she had 2 dogs that barked at me when I went to setup my irrigation and my dogs went crazy at the living room window when she walked by. We would waved and we said "Hi." as passing by neighbors do, while I grew to know our elderly neighbor more then her, it was in our Gaia Circle monthly meetings when Theresa and I figured out that we had been neighbors, and it was truly delightful! 

How small is the world?
How important is everyone we ever meet? 
That in living side by side being busy in our own lives suddenly becoming friends and socializing in all kinds of events, doing art projects and sharing in fun experiences like blowing glass! Back to being like Neighbors again!?!? 
When Theresa found me sitting up front in the church of my brother's funeral, just before the service began she found me and gave me a scarf from one of our many Gaia Circle nights.
It was a flashback to my old life, to my old self that I had forgotten about until I saw her. 
In her beautiful eyes I saw that she knew exactly how I felt. That she held me strong and steadily as a wiser sister would!
Theresa with her magical ways and shared loved for all of life I cried in her arms, knowing that no matter what happens next I am apart of a circle of women who will leave this world a better place!

I truly love my Gaia circle every month yet it has shifted and changed through many different ladies who come and go. It's difficult to keep the original founders interested in it so I am realizing that all women change and adapt to different things in their lives. At first I was discourage by this simple fact that no one stays loyal and dependable but then I realized that wasn't the problem with Gaia circle, it's just evolving to whoever has the intent for it not to whoever started up this safe supportive group. My first vision board was rather fascinating to me as I step back to look at it and see very clearly I had a need for a real Sisterhood.
 Everything on that board that I had cut from magazines and glued together while wondering what kind of journey I am on, what kind of dreams I still have in me and what I hope to have in the future......
My sisterhood vision board was made then the next month Gaia Circle started up and I was over joyed. For to have a gathering of women of all ages teaching the classes in all kinds of topics from making peach jam to donating Christmas gifts to the WCA. I still have a vision for Gaia to be a better part in helping society and giving women a place to have friends and feel safe. 
My sisterhood came true as I was invited to the Gaia Circle, setting my intent and my focus on making to sure that I have time for the group as been a life lesson in and of it self too. Not everyone is free every month, and we've learn the holiday months are just to much in meeting up so while time moves on and we all change or adapt to different things I believe it's a group that has a great mission for women every where to start up their own Gaia Circles and be the sisterhood, the strength to better our society and help our youth become strong leaders. While my husband has always said the group is ridiculous for most women can't get along, I have seen it's magic when it does work so nicely all together so I can't give it up and move on, instead I know we can't ever be exclusive, we can't ever be a "Closed group"  that is when the spark dies, when the group dissolve with no new blood in it to fuel the passion. My husband says we have the internet therefore anything we do like a cooking class or canning session can be found online with out us have be together. Such a thought makes me sad, yes it's true we can be smarter then ever before! But we'll be lonely without our group of friends trying to meet up once a month. Last night while making my vision board I had laughed so much that it felt so good to really truly laugh like that again!
Gaia Circles or any social group brings us out of our own struggles and into the sun light, into the joy of being together. The telling of stories and the need for support goes such a long ways in being much better then just reading the internet!
So where ever I go. I will bring my sisterhood with me and I will honor Gaia in doing my best and setting my vision board up for the new zodiac year!

No comments:

Post a Comment