Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Never Enough




It's easy to see when 2 people are together, when they have the same shared goals in life that it all works out for them. But when one person changes or decides to chase down a new dream or adventure the other person has to catch up or let them go.

It's hard to see when one changes and the other doesn't, there is a struggle between them. It can take time to discuss and talk about it from each other's view on what is going on with them. Yet there are no guarantees that they will see eye to eye again.
Yet I have been thinking about how 2 different people can help bring balance to their lives, it takes time and it takes respectful space. 
I know that when one person dreams big and chases that feeling, then the other person has to wait and hope it all works out in the end. 
After such a stressful changing year I look back with a sigh, it turned out alright after all.....perhaps it could of been better with less funerals yet this grief gives me a sense of a stronger self now too.....so maybe the balance is in how one person feels like it's never enough and the other says "We need for nothing more then this right now."

I was advised from another Lawyer's wife "Once he passes the Bar exam and goes back to work you will never see him again, or he'll just always be working even when he is home." I nodded sadly and sighed knowing this is something i have always understood from the very moment he exclaimed "I was accepted into Law School!" my bitter sweet awareness kicked in as I supported him but always warned "Be very careful with what the real cost is going to be for us in the end."

True happiness never has a price tag on it, but real life sure does..................

No comments:

Post a Comment