Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 8

It isn't easy doing this Whole30 diet and I have already cheated! YES I have not kept every rule from day one to currently day 8:-}
NOW let me explain;
No coffee, was killing me on the very first morning, I decide to not let that rule go on since it is just black coffee 1 or 2 cups a morning only....the head aches are not worth cutting it out:-}
No dark chocolate, I did good until day 6, I was craving and thinking about a piece of dark chocolate the WHOLE time but when my husband brought some home I cheated happily! A few bites then my craving was gone and now I don't touch the stuff even though it's at the ready in the frig! Talk about all of it being mental in my head!
No Dairy, I'm amazed at how hard this is even after reading the whole chapter in the book "It Starts with Foods". That chapter explains the damage we are doing everyday to our insides having milk. YET I have loved, truly enjoyed, such heavy real cream now for a year! Which heavy cream is the very best option for milk, it still isn't safe to drink by the gallons. How amazed I am that milk isn't the super food we've been told our whole life to be?!?.....

   I decided on day 6 to make ice cream from coconut milk; and oh boy! What a mess THAT was! Not to mention how gross too! Coconut milk from the can into the ice cream maker created this Gray in color frozen clump of weirdness! So as I swallowed that first bite I choked in true disappointment!  It felt like cold sand going down the throat, with an after taste that was MUCH worse! These summer evenings are extremely hot with only a ceiling fan in the living room we were craving something to cool us down! The idea of coconut ice cream sounded paleo friendly BUT the quality of the milk was so poor too! The after taste of frozen coconut milk was long lasting that it drove my husband out to buy some cold hard cider bottles to save our taste buds! AND I loved that chilled cider in the late hot night....It just meant I was breaking another rule for the day in these 22 days ahead:-}
No Alcohol, Just for a month really I can do THAT I said on day one with such a smug smile! NOW I am humble in realizing I do not want to live without alcohol EVER....Yet not having it so much is important too! These first 8 days without it has been a challenge for the heat is on in full force even way past 10pm the heat is still there! So instead of having ice cream, because I really need to cut back on my dairy the cold hard cider bottle is comforting the cravings for gin and tonics or sangria! One drink a night has been working out for me just find right now and soon I will be able to avoid the cocktails better.....I hope!
I am sure it will ALL get easier as I get into the weeks ahead but how ironic to start this diet JUST as my Fair job comes on! I won't be able to eat everything I see from those venders anymore and some how that is not such a tragic thought as it was a year ago when loaded fries and me had such passion shared!
I will keep running towards the finish line saying not "I think I can, I think I can..." But instead saying "I KNOW I can, I know I can." Making mistakes and cheating will teach me how to avoid those powerful desires or at least control what they mean in me!
I believe I will make it!....even if I'm crawling to Day 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment