Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 16

It's not easy working the Fair with so many breads, muffins and donuts laying around to snack on as we work the setup! Honestly I was doing to good at first but THEN I was sent to the famous bakery down the road called Pastry Perfection.......Instantly I wanted a whipped cream croissant! So instead I had a few bites of a doughnut and got an instant head ache! 
This is such a fun hard working job, I'm racing around the building and carrying things up and down the shelves. I love each and every minuet of it all, So eating something sugary became amazingly hard for me not to do! It's good most everyone knows I don't eat gluten things so this helps me not sneak or cheat BUT that doughnut with the glazed frosting and chewy centered stay with me a long time after seeing in the bakery rows of goodies! I kept saying to myself that it looks good all those pastries BUT they make me feel so bad afterwords....and as I stood there ordering my co-workers a dozen donuts I smiled to myself at how ironic the moment was! I'm HALF way through the whole30 and it's not been anything like I thought it would be, although I do feel really healthy through out all these crazy moments of cheating, LIKE standing in the center of a bakery! What a different world it all seems to me now these cakes and pies, one bite is no free treat anymore and my body will protest! So even if I wanted to go back to those days of scones and apple fritters nothing will taste quite right or be the true delight I use to think!  This is progress, This is day 16!


No comments:

Post a Comment