Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Reaching Song

Today I have been thinking about my Brother Daren, He will be 17 years old soon and I keep thinking of him as a 10 year old. Which is really silly I know, that  just means I am 7 years behind in time:-)
When he was born I was almost 14 so naturally he grew up on my hip. I started singing to him at bed time when he was just a toddler but he soon requested the song I always end the session with as "The Reaching Song" Because while I sang he would be in bed and there is a part in this song where I reached out to him and held his hand. One of my favorite times was when he sang along with me for every word! 
So tonight I share this with you<3


Come ride in my wheel chair
Come walk in my braces
Use my hands to discover a thousands new faces
Hear with my eyes
Speak with my hands
Feel with your heart what my heart understands


I AM REAL! I'M ALIVE! I CAN FEEL, I CAN CRY,
I CAN HURT, I CAN CARE,
I CAN LAUGH, I CAN SHARE!
I CAN REACH OUT TO YOU AS YOU BACK TO ME, I HAVE LIVED, LET ME GIVE.....I CAN LOVE.

I thank the Lord for all his given you, for I've been blessed with special talents too,
I've learned many lessons from the things I've been through.
Now with his love through my life is reaching to you!


I AM REAL! I'M ALIVE! I CAN FEEL, I CAN CRY,
I CAN HURT, I CAN CARE,
I CAN LAUGH, I CAN SHARE!
I CAN REACH OUT TO YOU AS YOU BACK TO ME, I HAVE LIVED, LET ME GIVE.....I CAN LOVE.
I......CAN....LOVE<3 <3 <3 








No comments:

Post a Comment