Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Into The Holidays

In the first weekend of November my mother came to
stayed with me as we began our planning for the holidays, We had a lot of rain that weekend but she and I still rolled around the stores just fine. In fact that first Friday she was with me we went out into the dark evening to go shopping!

My husband Tony teased us for being crazy, but I knew that just around the corner from our house was a Hobby Lobby. Since my Mom loves that store we were going to cover every square inch of it before they closed for the night!

It was exciting to me, I felt so young again being in a store late at night and hearing over head that they will close in 15 minuets, I exclaimed to my mom "We are closing down the place! We are having a real ladies night out! This is AWESOME!"

Going into the Holidays is rather exciting as the weather grow bad, as it gets cold and dark early. I love the soft white glow if Christmas lights in my home to help me not go crazy in such a limiting season. My Mom and I even enjoyed an afternoon strolled through downtown Boise. Getting fresh air and being busy helped us really enjoy that whole weekend.

At night while my mom was resting on the couch she would share all of her plans and wishes for the Holidays, she would reminisce about how when she was my age this time of the year was very busy and she made everything so perfect for the Holidays.
I realized that I have this very same desire in me at this time of the year as well, perhaps I inherited from her? I have met people who are not ever excited about the Holidays....yet no matter what's going on I still am. I am still very joyful and hopeful for the Holidays, I love all the giving and donating in the community! I love being able to save my money for good foods and just relax by the tree every night before bed.

That weekend with my mother staying with me was fun as we got ready together.
Then for Thanksgiving she came to stay again, we were lucky to have clear blue skies for our big day over to see the Festival of Trees. My mother's Mom, Grandma Norma was the Queen of decorating for Christmas. My Mother was the Queen of making all the Christmas candies and goodies. I realized as I strolled along behind my mom talking about every detail I saw in those trees, telling her to let me know if I need to walk faster or slower that from her and her mother I take with me these holiday traditions with my own personal touch.....I will always greet the holiday season with such joy and such magic!

As I grow older I have even more memories of the importance of this time of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment