Search This Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2017

A year of the President


             It has been almost a year now with President Trump, it has been about the same time since I have stopped calling myself a liberal too. 
The Conservatives/ the Republicans  had won the election last November with him over Clinton.
 It's very easy for me to understand what happened. 
 It was all so embarrassing and ridiculous so I choose to not be of either political party.
A year has gone by with this famous rich man as our nation's leader. 
The word "Entertainment." comes to my mind as I remember him from the very popular TV show "The Apprentice."


Of course looking back to last January I was so worried that women would be set back from the progress we have made in this country with a New President so blatantly disrespectful. 

I can understand more how this Nation is changing, adapting and learning. 
I feel like women have become very strong under his disrespect, under the awareness in being involved with what he says and does. 
I am left embarrassed by the behavior of the Democratic party and by the Republicans. 
It's easy to see why I call myself an independent, especially after this first year of Trump.

I evaluate the person in the moment on the News, I don't blindly or loyally follow so I consider this a good thing, a progressive thing in me. 
Sometimes I think would be nice to be apart of a group guaranteed to make the world a better place in which I don't have to ask "Is our leader good or bad? Smart or stupid?" I can just help make the world better......Oh wait! I can just make the world a better place! Who the President is will change in future but the needs of the people and the needs of the earth will always be there! 

My young friend Tally exclaimed to me as we went out for a day of fun together last January for my birthday, she exclaimed "It's Horrible! It's so scary! Because Trump could throw my mom in jail for being a lesbian!" I half hugged her as we walked around together I reassured her "We the people will not allow that to happen, We are a powerful force that the President can't just do whatever he wants. Don't worry, you are not all alone in this society and if ya really think about it when you go to vote in 8 years from now he won't even be on the list of choices, Let's not give him the power to worry us, to ruin our day!"         

No comments:

Post a Comment