Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Truth in this Society

        It's has been on my mind for weeks now, the Heroes of Hollywood fall. The News reporters on the front lines for us fail, and the next generation steps in to sweep the floor of all these old hats and old pervy ways in our society. For women have been standing up and fighting against the sexual harassment all of their lives no matter their ages they ALL have a story to share about this very topic of sexual abuse, harassment or inappropriate behaviors. It's not right, It's been apart of our society for such a long time. It makes us women strong in supporting each other and talking about how to handle the next man who invades your personal space.

These big shots in Hollywood are not getting away with it anymore and that gives me comfort among all the uncomfortable information in the News. 
It's good to have a zero tolerance for bad behavior. If men behave badly then they loose their jobs and their power, following through on not allowing these abuses to continue is very important.
As much as I am annoyed by the constant sexual abuse story one right after another these days in the news coverage, I am reminded of something I heard a few years ago "How do we live and survive in a rape culture?.....We teach our children that You DO NOT RAPE. That is where the change in our society begins." I had chuckled and nodded when I heard this thinking it makes perfect sense to me then I said "So now we have to wait for all the older perverse creepy men to died off in order for us to rebuild our society? I can't wait that long, I want to stand up and shout it out into the streets "This is Wrong! Rape is Wrong! And I am here to kick some asses right now on this issue!"

In one of my most favorite TV drama series "Jericho." the daughter of Mr. Hawkins asked him "Is he a good guy or a bad guy?" her father replied back over his shoulder at her stating "Baby. there's no such thing." I smiled in agreement, it will always be apart of us in how we behave, in what we choose right or wrong, good or bad, we can fight back at any time and always even if we are being bullied or sexually abused we have the strength within us to stop these bad things and change the world for the better!


"I see that the real heroes here – the only heroes – are the women who overcome their fear and misplaced shame to speak out."





No comments:

Post a Comment