Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

My Guest Room

                                       

It's always a wonderful thing to have, a guest room for visitors and cozy comfort!

It's always on my list of what kind of rooms in my house that I would want, a guest room would come first to me over an "office" and over a "Craft room." 

It's apart of my childhood staying with extended family so as I kid I can remember how important your own bed away from home is, how nice it is when people we visited had an actual guest room and extra bathroom.

My husband didn't grow up like that, he rents a hotel room without any question or doubt when visiting extended family. So I have learned so much from him in the true comfort while traveling or visiting people.

Yet when I create a Guest room I am very proud, I am very pleased to see it set up, welcoming in at any time my company.


It's important to me when my mother comes to stay with me that she sees fresh flowers in the window, that it all smells like Lavender and the lamp by her bed works for when she reads into the late night......

This has been a busy fun weekend with her here, I like how the guest bathroom isn't far from her bed, how comfortable she is on the big couch that was my brother Derek's in our living room. I told Mom that Derek and I had a lot of similar colors in our homes, it was easy to merge his things and mine together in this lovely home.....

It's a home with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms so I get to setup my guestroom in such pretty perfection while organizing all my husband's office supplies in the next room over where he is all setup for his own privacy, his own morning coffee time away from the rest of the home.

It's a very peaceful neighborhood, very beautiful all around us!
 I use the upstairs room for extra stuff like arts and crafts with a toy box when kids visit. I hope to paint flowers up there this next spring for it's a wonderful extra bedroom, I have a reading/knitting corner up there to look out over my new home!

It's been a few months in getting settled, but my most favorite room of all is the kitchen. Of course in any home I love my kitchen but here in this floor plan I can cook in the kitchen while having company sit at the dining room table or while my mother has a cup of tea in her chair still talking to me never out of each other's sight.  

It will make the holidays so comfortable being here!



No comments:

Post a Comment