Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2014

A Loving Way

     
When it comes to Mother's Day I always think of ROSES, they are THE flower for such a holiday. My mother loves mini roses so it is easy to know what to give her for the celebration of such a beautiful day! The fact my Mother gave birth to me is such an honorable event in understanding all the pain and struggle of child birth that unfolded for her, then here I am now, just like that I am breathing and living! 
It is so fascinating to me all these events to bring about another human being, another life force.
 Courage, devotion and loyalty is what makes a good mother when they keep those infants close to their chest. When it comes to Mother's Day I am reflective over all the many great mothers in my life, my own mother has been through so much since her stroke that seeing her now is a delight in getting more time by her side. One day this will not be so as I have seen how she could be taken from me in the blink of an eye, I am deeply grateful this time of now. With mini roses and a good friendship I can spend time with my Mom as she rolls around in her wheel chair or asks me to teach her how to knit with just one hand.......I love her as she is, with her more honest ways which makes after her stroke  more delightful in really knowing what she thinks! I am deeply grateful she took such good care of me as a baby, for she ALWAYS loved babies all through out her whole life. I think her loving way in holding and cuddling babies is one of the most important things she ever taught me.....and I admire her for it!
(My Mother with her first Granddaughter La Rae, late summer of 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment