Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2018

Lindsey Stirling - Lost Girls



            I have been inspired lately looking back over my life, when I was 22 years old I stopped attending church every Sunday and every Wednesday, I found salvation outside of "salvation." 
Back then I was very aware of how hard it was for me to ever be hypocritical, I didn't lie very well at all in fact I was often annoyed by the constant lying that went on in the church community. Everyone was afraid of such group judgments, I am in awe that I found my way out, without shame without guilt I knew who I was and what I struggled with.
 I knew that if God is love then being trapped in a fake world such as religion was not where my love can grow!
I never once felt like I had a made the wrong choice, I look back in such awe! I look back ever so grateful that I escape so young!

Freedom is the most amazing feeling in the whole world!

I explained to my beloved girls just the other day as we sat catching up over the last 22 years of our lives since we graduated from high school in that same crazy church, I can admire my time there as a refuge until it wasn't a refuge anymore.

I explained to them both as we shared our hearts and our hugs. I said "We didn't have the words for how it was, how trapped we were. We struggled in fear, in needing to be accepted by those around us, we wanted to be strong women in a religion where the men ALWAYS came first. Therefore we found safety in our sisterhood! I am always going to grateful for that! We had the kind of friendship that can last a life time! We helped each other feel safe, and to be loved just as we were! Even long after I left that faith system I carried your sisterhood with me, and I'm ever so grateful for it."




No comments:

Post a Comment