Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Aware of August

     


It has been a smokey sunny day here in August, I've been spending as much time as possible throwing the ball or Frisbee in the back yard with my Oscar. For he will turn 12 years old this September......
12 years, when you say it like that it makes me feel both reflective and alarmed.

He is my dog and I am his friend to the very end.
This August has us getting out early together to water everything and to play ball.
Then we take a nap together cuddling on the guest bed which is usually his own bedroom now. He gets grumpy, he gets annoyed to be around the other pets for to long so we have our own times through out the days of summer.
Oscar loves the cool evenings, he sits off under the apple tree watching over the whole back yard in his regal ways. I cook dinner, clean the house or care for the other pets while he simply keeps to himself outside in the lovely weather, then at night we run around playing under the starry sky!
When bed time comes around 10pm he is very ready for me to kiss him good night and close the guest room door where in the early morning my husband will return to let him out and about with him for a couple of hours before I get up with the other 2 dogs and keep this rotation helps us make sure that Oscar is never able to attack Minnie again.
We stay aware of his elderly ways in suddenly snapping at the cats
when they get to close to him or trying to control Minnie, who went deaf awhile ago. 
I love my time with Oscar against the sunshine, against the wind, against the cool evenings as I cuddle him on my lap or as I run in circles on the freshly cut grass. I often carry him around as he always lays his wet nose into my neck or on my shoulders.

These are the retirement days of all my dogs, so I don't push them out into the world, I simply watch what their bodies are telling me in how they feel. With pillows and blankets every where our home is a pet paradise, with the AC on and many big bowls of water through out the bedrooms my cats and dogs love getting in out of the heat of summer.
I love that I can create a utopia, a peaceful place for all the needs of my family.
My love for Oscar runs deep into the hands of time, and all the years we have lived together!

We are brilliant together, we are happy!
We are in the summer season once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment