Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

My Black Cat

           
It's been a magical adventure for me in loving my big fat black cat as he was young even a bit skinny back in 2011, every morning I drank my coffee watching him walk the sidewalk in front of my cottage.  My dog Oscar would bark at him in alarm but Lewis never stopped on his morning mission to go eat whatever Bernice set out on her front porch step for him of bacon bits and eggs. I saw him eating this all as she told me that she always feeds the neighborhood cats we had 3 of them at the time. 
Lewis was my other neighborhood's cat so by the summer of 2012 when we moved in to his home I had a trusting friendship with Lewy already established.  
Yet My husband kept saying "Do not claim this cat as your own." he warned that we couldn't take on another cat at all. I  struggled so much in trying not to care over Lewis but he was left with the home he had grown from a kitten at, so I naturally felt he should stay in the safety of what he knows for his beautiful life story! 
I am in awe of my life time with Lewis now, He's my sweetie pie for sure! He still trust me fully and always, and he still loves for me to carry him around on my shoulder.............. 
I look back in awe that he naturally became my second cat.

Yesterday he caught a big mouse out back by the wood pile and I was appalled and impressed.

This morning he helped me decorate for Halloween as my friend's kids are coming over and I have made lots of fun foods in the theme of "gross monster guts", I sprinkle spider confetti out and Lewis jumped back like they were real to him! What a smart cat!

I had worried so much over this big move to Meridian, that it would freak out all 3 of my cats, instead they were very lazy in the  transition and they have love it here instantly! 
I am grateful that they all get along for the most part very peacefully. 
I am grateful to have a nice friendly neighborhood full of Halloween decor and lots of laughing kids around. 
(I can't wait to see how decorated it is here for Christmas!)

My big black cat Lewis has always helped me decorate for Halloween so nicely in every way! 
and I am grateful for him too!

I think that my story of Lewis and my relationship with him now reminds me every day that no one can tell me to leave an animal alone when I feel in my very soul that this creature needs me.....
Back when I thought I would never see Lewy again I cried so much and now I kiss him every morning with such happiness that he is mine! 

My Lewy boy is truly an Awesome black cat that I feel how wonderful it is to have him in my life and How good it is to have him by my side on every Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment