Search This Blog

Monday, October 2, 2017

Rob Thomas - Pieces



On this early cold fall morning as I brewed the coffee and called out "Okay Google, what's the news?"
I stood frozen in action as I listen to the updated alarming news coverage of the Los Vegas country music concert shooting.
I burst into tears and held on to my kitchen counter for a moment of deep sorrow over the terror those people all went through.
It made me recall the night club shooting that happened a year ago, and it really brought home to me how all the school shootings and the truth that this nation isn't as safe as we would want it to be...........I cried.

On this sad day, on this very real and terrifying day after all those people are killed, after all those loved ones realize what has happened.....I feel, I know and understand for them this is a day they will never forget so many sudden deaths will traumatize this nation and change the course of events.
I have spent this weekend with my mother at her ladies retreat tuck up into the mountains only a couple of hours away, I am already very emotional in reminiscing about my brother Derek with her and helping her get around in her wheel chair so the news this morning has left me aware of how short life is, how brave we must be when we face such assholes with guns.
I am not afraid to die.....but I am afraid of watching those I love get shot or die so I will always fight back, I will always want to protect!

For I am just pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment