Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It Takes 2

Everyone likes how their parents met type of stories, my mother was a very young woman on her own in a completely different state from her parents. She had been inspired to move out on her own with a job for an evangelic christian crusade. I always thought it was awesome for her to up and leave Idaho for Missouri only to meet my father there although they both grew up in Idaho on the opposite sides of the state. When my mother was in a car accident it totaled her car so she had to take the commuter bus to her job. That bus driver was my young red headed father so they became friends looking forward to seeing each other every day and finding out they shared more then just the same faith. It must have been amazing time in their young life full of hope, love and excitement. Being both zealous in their religion and in their independence. My mother said that when her father told her to come home she did without any questions. Her father was always going to be her biggest hero so when she told me this story I just nodded without question for my mother liked that her father always had advice for her. When my father now being friends with my mother followed her home, I thought that was a funny story! He just quit his job to live with my mother's family. It took awhile for him to get her attention outside of just being friends and when they got married I have no doubt how happy my parents were! It still amazes me how young they both were, how long they have remained married. Life's love stories bring about new life times and other souls to this picture of the world. My parents meeting in the same company and becoming friends has always amazed me that not only did they come from the same state but also that they were the oldest of their siblings and had such welcoming loving families to help them get started in a new life together. Everyone like how they came about through their parents love story and when I think of mine I can't help but smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment