Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Big Ass TV

When my husband Tony said he wanted to get a big screen TV in our small tiny condo I just shrugged thinking "Whatever, like we have any room...ha.", He would also remind me that my dislike for TV was unhealthy, that it is good to stay up to date and informed on what everyone else is watching, I suppose he makes a good point. I do have many favorite TV shows over my own life time, and lately I had been thinking that I owe a huge part of my over all education to TV. It was the only part of the "Outside world" that got to sneak into our sheltered  childhood home. Either way I really don't miss it...I guess it's all the noise, the commercials and the endlessness of shows that brings about my dislike for it now that I am older.

I knew something else was going on here, I realized the TV was already on it's way by how my husband was asking me to just except TV is important. Tony said happily "You could watch all the episodes of "Cheers" in a row!" I chuckled for I do like that show. He looked around carefully "It can go against the wall and we can finish the "Andy Griffin Show", you will LOVE the clear picture once it gets here." I just sigh.  If I made an argument against this TV from arriving, he always reminded me that it is not good to get stuck in rut, to not keep up with world around us. On the night I went out with friends I came home to the biggest TV I had ever seen in my whole life, not only was it wide but thick and taller then my own self! I still remember how loud it first was as I just stood starring in shock at one big ass Television! My husband was so proud and happy as I got home that he put on a "Debby show" to make me feel more inviting towards the thing that took up half my living room. I warned "When we move it is NOT coming with us..." He waved me on "Oh, it will grow on ya! You will love it the more you watch it....oh wait what is this? The Golden Girls is on?....Hmmm...how nice." He winked at me and I shook my head chuckling at how he set that up on purpose so i would like this huge TV. I realize this big ass thing had won and I might as well sit down (Only one foot away was the couch) and so I stared in shock realizing I might as well just enjoy the show anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment