Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2018

The new plaza in Caldwell

Today is the big celebration of Caldwell's new plaza for their downtown, the music stage is outside right next to the new Flying M coffeehouse. I took my Mom through there on Thursday as everyone was setting up for today, the kids ran through the fountains surrounded by picnic tables and umbrellas. My Mom and I even sat awhile watching the Indian Creek flow down through the park. It's so nice that Caldwell Idaho is improving and focusing on their local community.

Since Boise has grown crowded, I find myself loving Caldwell a bit more these days with my mom while we just take it easy there.
It's closer to her home on the farm and I live in Meridian now so it's half way to any where in the Treasure Valley.
I was thinking as we enjoyed our lunch at The Bird Stop, her sister's restaurant, that we have come full circle to spending more time now in Caldwell then any other town. It takes forever to drive across Nampa Idaho so if we are not in a hurry we shop over there but as I enjoy seeing Caldwell celebrate new life, I look forward to doing more things there with my mom then before!
It's fun to see what they can do! I like that small town feeling where ever I go actually. 

Congratulations Caldwell for today you have created a fun new space in your town!

No comments:

Post a Comment